Featured Customer: Dennis, March 2016
1. Tell us about your love of pigeons and how you got started
I got interested in pigeons as a child here in Phoenix in 1959. I watched a neighbor boy's birds fly around his house and it looked like a fun hobby.
2. What have you learned the most?
I have learned to relax. My animals, but especially my pigeons have given me the opportunity to spend quiet time feeding, trainingm and waiting for their arrival home on race day.
3. What is your proudest moment?
I think my proudest moment would have to be when my children and then years later my grandchildren have shown interest in my pigeon races.
4. What's the funniest thing that ever happened while caring for your animals?
I walked outside with my dog Finn when we spotted a coyote chasing down and killing some of our chickens. Finn took off running after the coyote, which is out of character for my passive dog, and ran right into the chain link fence which divides our yard from our field. Finn had a large bump on his head for weeks but pranced around like he was a true warrior. Now Finn trains with me and the birds 4 days a week.
5. What is your favorite event to attend?
My favorite event would have to be either the Texas Shootout, an annual pigeon race held in Texas, or the all pigeon race which is held here in Arizona 2017, and annual Texas Center Race this year in San Antonio, Texas.
6. Do you have any other hobbies/interests?
I would say since returning my other main interest is having a good time with my grandchildren.
7. Why do you shop at the Stock Shop?The Stock Shop always carries top quality food, their staff is knowledgeable about the products they sell, and the entire staff is always willing to help or assist you in anyway they can. Satisfaction is always the norm.