Lucy Pet Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet Formula Dog Food
Lucy Pet Foods™ Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet Small Bites for toy and small breed puppies and adult dogs! The same great Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ dog food in a bitesize kibble for small breed dogs.
- CAREFULLY FORMULATED FOR SMALL BREEDS: Balanced for Gut health, digestive health, and sensitive stomachs.
- LIMITED INGREDIENT DIET: With limited ingredients for small breed dogs with sensitivities to certain foods, Lucy Pet Foods™ Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin is formulated for Gut and digestive health.
- WHOLE GRAIN: Made with brown rice (sourced from the USA), a whole grain that retains the nutrient-dense bran and germ layer. This complex carbohydrate including starches and fibers provides sustained energy.
- SKIN & COAT: All-natural chicken with absolutely no chicken meal by-products. An excellent source of protein for healthy muscles, skin, coat, and proper body function.
- ALL BREEDS & LIFE STAGES: Every kibble is specially designed for the small breed dog to contain all the essential nutrients required for puppies, adult, and senior dogs.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED: Based on 40 years of research by Dr. George C. Fahey, the leading expert in gut health.
- MADE IN OUR OWN PLANT: Lucy Pet owns the Breeder’s Choice Pet Foods plant, which has been making quality foods in California for over 75 years. Our R&D team developed our formulas in our own pet food plant here in Southern California. Using extensive nutrition research with the latest science around gut health we developed something truly special for small breed dogs. Nutritionists now know that a healthy digestive system is the first line of defense to keep the entire body healthy & strong.
- WE GIVE BACK: Committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, which has done over 27,000 free spay & neuters in low-income areas.
Chicken, chicken meal, ground brown rice, oatmeal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), pumpkin, dried plain beet pulp, ground miscanthus grass, natural flavor, flaxseeds, dicalcium phosphate, dried chicory root, fish oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), salt, dried kelp, vitamins (vitamin E supplement, niacin, D-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement), taurine, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, choline chloride, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, zinc sulfate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, sodium selenite, manganese sulfate, manganese proteinate, calcium iodate), mixed tocopherols (preservative), citric acid (preservative), calcium carbonate, L-carnitine, turmeric, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract.
Digestion: A variety of blended high-quality fiber sources, including brown rice, pumpkin, flaxseed, dried kelp, dried chicory root, beet pulp, and ground miscanthus grass. Having a diverse population of fiber provides nourishment for the gut bacteria, which in turn nourishes the entire body.
Immunity: Superfood blend of ingredients plus antioxidant nutrients supports a healthy immune system.
Skin & Coat Health: We guarantee Omega-3 Fatty Acid levels from natural ingredients, including flaxseed, Fish oil, and Vitamin E.
Energy: High-quality Chicken fat from the USA, plus varied complex carbohydrate sources for sustained energy.
|CRUDE PROTEIN||24.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||16.0% min|
|CRUDE FIBER||6.0% max|
|ZINC||110 ppm min|
|VITAMIN E||50 IU/kg min|
|OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS||0.4% min|
|OMEGA-6 FATTY ACIDS||2.0% min|
Calculated Calories Content:
Metabolizable Energy (ME)
3,645 kcal / kg
1,653 kcal / lb
*Not Recognized as an Essential Nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
How to Transition to Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™
The key to switching foods is to do it gradually, so your dog’s digestive system can adapt to our formula and nutrients. Start by replacing 20-25% of the current food you are feeding with Lucy Pet Formulas for Life. Each day, gradually increase the amount of new food and decrease the amount of the former food until your pet is eating only the new diet.
If your pet tends to have a sensitive stomach, allow up to 10-14 days to fully transition to Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life™
In some instances, a pet can experience soft stools during the first week when you switch and transition to any new food. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life, digest easily and most pets transition smoothly. However, if your pet’s stool becomes loose, it may be necessary to transition more gradually to the new diet.
Be sure to temporarily eliminate any treats or wet food for the first few days, and follow feeding guidelines closely. Lucy Pet diets may require different feeding quantities than the food you were previously feeding.
How to Determine Feeding Portions
Utilize at the feeding guideline chart below to reference the total recommended cups per day. Divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day, to determine the portion size for each meal.
Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your dog. Remember that water is an essential nutrient for your dog. Always allow your pet to eat in peace, so they can relax and enjoy their food.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup):
Note these are ONLY guidelines. Adjust to keep your dog in ideal body condition. Total daily amount can be divided into more than one feeding per day.
|Adult Weight in pounds||Daily Feeding Amount in standard 8oz cups|
|up to 10||1|
|10 to 20||1 to 1 1/2|
|20 to 30||1 1/2 to 2|
|30 to 40||2 to 2 1/2|
|40 to 60||2 1/2 to 3 1/2|
|60 to 80||3 1/2 to 4|
|80 to 100||4 to 4 3/4|
|For every 10 lb over 100||add 1/3 cup|
Growth of Puppies: Feed puppies up to twice the adult recommendations daily.Adjust to maintain body condition. Total may be divided into multiple feedings.
Reproduction: Depending on litter size, feeding needs maybe up to 4 times normal adult amounts. Always adjust to maintain body condition.
A small increase is needed during the first 6 weeks. Increase the amount fed up to 25% during weeks 7, 8, and 9.
Immediately after whelping, the nutritional demand increases by 50% compared to maintenance levels. We recommend feeding in 3 equal meals per day.
Calorie Content (Calculated): This food contains 3,470 kcal/kg or 360 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).
AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ Duck and Potato Limited Ingredient Diet Formula Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance, including the growth of large size dogs (70 lbs or more as an adult).
Since our formula is complete and balanced, Lucy Pet recommends that you do not add vitamins, minerals, or any other supplements, except upon the advice of a veterinarian.
We Also Recommend
Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Dry Dog Food
Canidae All Life Stages Multi-Protein Chicken, Turkey, Lamb & Fish Meals Recipe Dry Dog Food